Memed again, leaf node again (6 things about me)
Posted by Dave Bath on 2008-12-05
(Grrr, a bit, ergo this node is a leaf, but i’m only reacting at all because it’s a quality blog like Bruce’s tagging me) This time around, it’s the six things meme. The rules are…
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random arbitrary things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (nope, leaf node)
- Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six, random arbitrary things about myself… Okay, here goes.
- Male, I won a "Methodist Ladies College Scholarship" (to go to St Hilda‘s, which had recently turned from a women’s to a co-ed college, had co-ed toilets/showers, and the war cry "Carna Lingers")
- My younger brother, two years younger, shares my birthday (and is almost my exact opposite… there goes astrology!)
- I do not have a palmaris longus (in either arm, so call me highly evolved)
- I used to play the bass clarinet (damned hard on the right thumb)
- I’ve had some interesting choir masters, Richard Divall (and I also accompanied on organ once), Hartley Newnham (a counter-tenor and bass who could therefore sing what any of us, S,A,T or B, were supposed to be doing, and I accompanied on a virginal once) and Ruth Wilkinson (who could really play the recorder)
- I’d rather use the singular "hippopotamos" so we could use the plural "hippopotamoi" (and don’t understand why something composed of two Greek roots has Latin endings… yuk!)
Oh, and because this is a leaf node, a bonus factoid: I have one front upper tooth (smashing the on a concrete seat playing basketball in Grade 6).